Oogie Boogie, the boogeyman from "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas", has casted a spell over Disney California Adventure Park! For the very first time, Halloween Time at Disneyland is now celebrated at both parks! You'll first notice Oogie Boogie at the main entrance. Did you hear what he said? ...Watch out! Throughout the night, he will also unleash a swarm of bats. Want to see where they congregate? The bats are circling the tower of the Carthay Circle Theatre! Cars Land has completely transformed and all your favorite Cars characters are all dressed up in their "car-stumes" to celebrate 'Haul-O-Ween'. It's so much fun! Thrill seekers will try to embrace themselves but it won't help in Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark. Scream all you want because you can't get off until the ride is finished. Come hungry! There are several themed treats. I just love this time of year, don't you? A ticket to Mickey’s Halloween Party gets us into Disney California Adventure as well as Disneyland during the three hours prior to the beginning of the party in Disneyland Park. More details below!
Buena Vista Street
You'll also find Mickey and his friends in their Halloween costumes - Mickey Mouse as a bat, Goofy as a ghost, Daisy Duck as a witch, and friendly devil Donald. They're the cutest! If you enjoy window shopping, visit the shops on Buena Vista Street. A 10-ft-tall headless horseman awaits at Carthay Circle.
Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark
Fans of Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! which opened in May at Disney California Adventure Park is in for the scream of their lives as it transforms nightly into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark.
Cars Land Haul-O-Ween
Cruise on over to Radiator Springs, because you'll want to see this all-out celebration of Haul-O-Ween. For the first time, the residents will be in "car-stumes". Mater's a van-pire, McQueen is a superhero, Cruz Ramirez is a pirate, Red the Fire Truck is a clown, and DJ is a punk rocker. Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree with creepy new songs as well as fun twists to hit songs including “Monster Truck Smash” and “Welcome to Radiator Screams”. Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters becomes Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween with an all-new dance celebration to entertain the cugini (cousins) and twists to traditional festive songs like the “Terror-antella,” and “The Chop Top of Carsoli” which tells the story of Luigi and Guido building the town's beloved Scare-Car, Scary.
Frighteningly Food and Beverages
I told you to come hungry. There are sweet themed treats throughout the park. You'll want to try them all.
- Bat Wing Raspberry Sundae (Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream) – white chocolate-raspberry swirl ice cream with raspberry splatter, blood-red sprinkles, whipped cream and bat wing cookie;
- Spider Silk Ice Cream Sandwich (Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream) – a black macaron with charcoal-tart cherry spun ice cream topped with popping candy and drops of raspberry sauce;
- Sleepy Hollow Cupcake (Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe) – red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting, raspberry drizzle and Headless Horseman chocolate decoration;
- Green Apple Spell Lemonade (Smokejumpers Grill) – lemonade, green apple syrup and cherry drops;
- Monstermallow Donut (Schmoozies) – flaky, croissant donut in the shape of Mike Wazowski from “Monster, Inc.,” filled with marshmallow cream;
- “Ghost”-ly Pepper Nachos (Cove Bar) – ghost pepper-marinated flank steak with green tortilla chips, topped with ghost pepper cheese sauce, black beans and avocado-tomatillo salsa;
- Pumpkin Raisin Bread Pudding and Anchor Blood Orange Blondie (Pacific Wharf Café);
- Slow Burnin’ Mac & Cheese Cone (Cozy Cone Motel) – fresh-cooked pasta with spicy red pepper cheese sauce, served in a Black Cauldron Cone and topped with crushed chile-cheese puffs;
- Car-achnid Pot Pie (Flo’s V8 Café) – chicken pot pie with dried cranberries and butter-crust spider; and
- Purple, green and orange-colored Churros, Mickey Bat Cookies and Candy Corn Cotton Candy (locations throughout the park).
Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort is now twice as much fun and now until October 31st. Don't forget at Disneyland Park, you will enjoy Haunted Mansion Holiday, Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Pumpkin Festival on Main Street, U.S.A.. Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party may be purchased online and on mobile devices at Disneyland.com/party as well as at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at (714) 781-4400.