Although tickets for their party is already sold out, you can still enjoy both parks during HALLOWEEN TIME at Disneyland until October 31st! As you may know, Oogie Boogie casted a spell over Disney California Adventure. If you happen to be at Disneyland park when they transition over to Mickey's Halloween Party and make you exit the park, head over! They did an amazing job with Haul-O-Ween in Carsland, and the Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark is scary as heck! Now, if you scored a ticket to Mickey's Halloween Party, come early so you can not only enjoy both parks, but you'll want to experience all the events exclusive to the Party. Early entry begins 3 hours before the Party starts. We tried to come as early as we could, but we still didn't make it to everything. Both parks are huge! My best advice is to plan ahead especially if you have small children. You saw the security line I posted online right? It went quickly after we made it through, but we hit the ground running, and for the rest of the evening, the pace stayed the same until we had to call it a night. Come prepared, dress for comfort, and enjoy!
Download the app, prioritize, and be flexible. Maybe the candy line will take you to the other side instead of near the ride you were headed to, but it's all in good fun and the treats are unlimited with no age limit. Bring large totes or backpacks for everyone. There are stations throughout the park, and we ended up with a ton of treats by the end of the night. Some of the healthy treats were apple slices, petite carrots, and freeze-dried apples. Call them out when your kids get up there, because parents knows whats's best.
While Trick-or-Treating is a big part of the celebration, Disneyland went all out with the entertainment too which includes a special display of fireworks and the Headless Horseman leading the Frightfully Fun Parade down Main Street ten minutes beforehand. You won't want to miss it! If you'd love to meet Disney Villains, they will be there too. Plus they're offering unlimited PhotoPass downloads this year for the Party! They have the best cameras even in the darkest settings! Simply pull out your phone app ready to scan.
It's never too old for cosplay, but here are some guidelines if you plan to dress for the occasion. They might not let you in or you might get kicked out for any of these reasons until you modify your costume to meet their standards.
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground (e.g., full-length Princess dresses)
- For guests ages 13 and under, costumes and some masks may be worn, as long the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
- For Guests Ages 14 and Older: Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist. Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable. Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face. Masks of any kind may not be worn, except for medical purposes.
Exclusive to Mickey's Halloween Party!
- Headless Horseman Rides Again Pre-Parade: Ten minutes before the Frightfully Fun Parade, The Headless Horseman rises from the shadowy depths of Sleepy Hollow with a jack-o-lantern in hand. He's looking for a new head to call his own. Something bad is sure to follow, and they're coming straight down Main Street, U.S.A.! 8:40 and 10:20 pm.
- Frightfully Fun Parade hours are 8:50 and 10:30 pm.
- Halloween Screams Fireworks - Performed nightly at 9:30 PM, a remarkable display of Halloween fireworks lights up the skies. It's hosted by Jack Skellington, of course, but it's not just the booms and the screams, Sleeping Beauty Castle is also a backdrop and part of the show!
- Trick-or-Treat Stations: Various treats are given on the TOT trails found throughout Disneyland Park. You can find them all on the entertainment guide or on the Disneyland app. Healthy options are available.
- Disney Villains at Villain's Square: Exclusive to the Party, Disney Villains are available for photo ops in the middle of Town Square.
- Cadaver Dans: Enjoy happily haunted harmonies by the quartet zombies, Cadaver Dans, as they rise through the fog to perform
spook-tacular hits at Rivers of America. 7 pm, 8 pm, 9 pm, 10 pm, 10:45 pm.
- Dinner Package at Blue Bayou Restaurant: If you're looking for a dining package during the Party, get (1) Frightfully Fun Parade reserved viewing area voucher with each dining package at Blue Bayou Restaurant. It's a 3-course dinner in a New Orleans themed restaurant. More information can be found here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/blue-bayou-restaurant/ or call (714) 781-DINE.
Two attraction which rises to the occasion, their transition can be enjoyed day or night. No visit is complete without them.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday: Here to stay for through the holidays, the Haunted Mansion has transformed to my favorite version of the Haunted Mansion - "Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas." Scary seasonal surprises include ginger-dread houses, blood-curdling pies and more.
- Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy: Space Mountain is once again taken over by a powerful dark force... "As the universe’s newest explorer, you’ve been recruited to investigate a creepy cosmic phenomenon within the darkest regions of Space Mountain. But when your starship becomes mysteriously possessed by something sinister, your voyage takes an unexpected detour into a shadowy realm—an uncharted galaxy where haunted star clusters, supernatural supernovas and spine-tingling phenomena threaten you at every turn. Dip and careen past spectral stars and scary satellites during your spirited space ride in the dark. Shiver and shudder amid the inky blackness—glowing apparitions reaching out in all directions to grab you. Behold ghoulish orbs of light, howling comets and materializing meteors. And shriek in fear inside a wicked wormhole—piercing screams, ghostly music and inhuman sounds echoing all around. Will you make it back to Earth… or will the phantoms of Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy haunt you forever?"
2017 Ticket Details and Party Dates - SOLD OUT!
As mentioned, it's a sold out event so if you plan to go next year, you'll want to look for tickets starting in July. This year, tickets include both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park for up to 3 hours before Mickey’s Halloween Party starts. Trick-or-treat for 5 hours at Disneyland Park with special Halloween-themed attractions, Character Greetings, fireworks, the Ride of the Headless Horseman and more. Parking is not included with admission.
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017 (6:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
- Friday, September 22, 2017 (7:00 PM to midnight)
- Monday, September 25, 2017 (6:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
- Wednesday, September 27, 2017 (6:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
- Friday, September 29, 2017 (7:00 PM to midnight)
- Tuesday, October 3, 2017 (6:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
- Friday, October 6, 2017 (7:00 PM to midnight)
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017 (6:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
- Friday, October 13, 2017 (7:00 PM to midnight)
- Tuesday, October 17, 2017 (6:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
- Friday, October 20, 2017 (7:00 PM to midnight)
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017 (6:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
- Friday, October 27, 2017 (7:00 PM to midnight)
- Tuesday, October 31, 2017 (6:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
Ticket and Event Information
- A ticket is required for all Guests 3 and over.
- Space is limited and tickets are available only while supplies last. Subject to capacity and other restrictions.
- Tickets are valid for admission to Mickey’s Halloween Party and to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park (subject to Park operating hours) beginning 3 hours prior to the start of the party.
- Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use.
- Event elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, services, activities, stores and restaurants, and appearances of Disney Characters may vary and are subject to change without notice.
- Only Disney PhotoPass photos captured during the event can be downloaded from your Disney account as many times as you want, for 45 days after capture. Disney PhotoPass is subject to the Disney PhotoPass terms and conditions.
1313 Disneyland Drive