It's Back-To-School and back to meal planning! Planning weekly meals for the family is often challenging for me, because I only want to make one grocery run for the week. I can't spend too much time putting it together so if I am missing an ingredient for the recipe, I will have to find a new one or improvise. Yesterday, I was running around town with my sister all day and had to rush home to prepare dinner. Luckily, I had items on hand to make two quick and easy dinners from freezer to table in less than 30 minutes. My sister helped, and they turned out great!
Foster Farms Frozen Chicken
Foster Farms has products in the frozen section that I often stock up on for days like these. They come in 1.5 lb bags and they're great as a back up when you need quick dinner solutions. I was up for the "Rule Your Roost" challenge so they sent me coupons to try the product for free. They come in many different varieties like crispy strips, orange chicken, buffalo wings, breast nuggets, corn dogs, baked chicken breast or nuggets, grilled strips and more! And if you’re not familiar with Foster Farms Saute Ready pre-cut and marinated frozen chicken, they come in four different seasoned varieties (Asian Style, Fajita, Garlic Herb and Lemon Pepper). Combine them in a skillet with rice or veggies or pasta to make a fast, hearty and delicious dinner ready in just ten minutes!
Foster Farms Frozen Orange Chicken
The Foster Farms Orange Chicken is 100% all natural chicken fully cooked with no added hormones or steroids. The chicken is breaded, and the orange glaze comes in a pouch. You first bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes before you toss it in the sauce. Each bag serves about six.
- INGREDIENTS: Chicken breast with rib meat, wheat flour, chicken broth, contains 2% or less of food starch, salt, leavening (cream of tartar, sodium bicarbonate), dextrose and natural flavor. Breading set in vegetable oil. CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY AND GLUTEN.
- ORANGE GLAZE PACKET INGREDIENTS: Sugar, soy sauce (water, wheat, soybeans, salt), water, vinegar, corn starch, ginger, red bell pepper, orange peel, spice, citric acid, natural flavor, garlic powder.
From Frozen to Table in 30 Minutes (or less)!
TIP: Start with what takes the longest.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and bake the frozen chicken for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the chicken was baking, I made a pot of white rice which took about 15 minutes to cook.
- I always make sure to stock up on fresh frozen vegetables. Some come in steam bags so all you do is pop them in the microwave for 5 minutes. No extra dishes to wash.
- I also always have complete salad kits that are ready to go at all times. They are already pre-washed but I always give it another quick rinse. Takes seconds to prepare.
- As soon as the chicken is done, toss it in the orange glaze or drizzle over the chicken.
- Plate and Done!
There you have it! Two quick and easy dishes with one package of Foster Farms Orange Chicken. You can find more information about the products here: https://www.fosterfarms.com/frozen-meals-and-snacks/wings-nuggets-strips-and-more/orange-chicken/. I am also running a contest below for free coupons (about $80 value). Go enter!
One LET'S PLAY OC! reader will win this prize. Please enter below for a chance to win!
Prize: $80 in Foster Farms Coupons!*
*[8 of the Foster Farms Frozen Cooked Chicken Coupons (up to $9.99 value each)]
US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. All readers have an equal chance to win, however, you must enter to win. A winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. I will attempt to contact the winner for 3 days. If the winner cannot be reached by email, a new winner will be randomly selected the same way. There are several different ways to earn entries. One prize per household. The winner will receive, free of charge, the prize mentioned above. This prize is not available for exchanges. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment.