Looking for free summer entertainment for the children? Kaleido-Kids events at Kaleidoscope Center in Mission Viejo is back starting this Tuesday, June 20! Co-sponsored by Jump ‘n Jammin, the events are every Tuesday from June 20 through August 1, from 11:30am to 12:30pm in the center courtyard at Kaleidoscope. The events will conclude with the Kaleido-Kids Carnival on Tuesday, August 8 from 11:30am to 2:30pm benefiting Make-A-Wish® Orange County and the Inland Empire. Also on Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout summer, Edwards Kaleidoscope Stadium 10 is hosting its annual Summer Movie Express which features family favorites (rated G or PG) for only $1 admission per person. The movies are shown on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10am from June 20 to August 16. See the schedule below!
The Kaleido-Kids activities will be:
- Tues., June 20 - Dance & Fun Party (11:30am - 12:30pm)
- Tues., June 27 - Magician (11:30am - 12:30pm)
- Tues., July 11 - Bubble Show (11:30am - 12:30pm)
- Tues., July 18 - Games Master (11:30am - 12:30pm)
- Tues., July 25 - Lego Playtime (11:30am - 12:30pm)
- Tues., August 1 - Cartoonist (11:30am - 12:30pm)
- Tues., August 8 - Carnival (11:30am - 2:30pm)
The Kaleido-Kids Carnival - Tuesday, August 8
The Kaleido-Kids Carnival on August 8 (11:30am - 2:30pm) will include inflatables, games, a juggler, a stilt walker, face painting and a balloon artist. Tickets are $1 each, $5 for six, $10 for 15, and $2 for a “Spin to Win”. Guests who bring a new toy (no guns please) or new backpack to donate to Make-A-Wish will receive six game tickets and a “Spin to Win,” a chance to win prizes.
Summer Movie Express
Also on Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout summer, Edwards Kaleidoscope Stadium 10 is hosting its annual Summer Movie Express, which features family movies (rated G or PG) for only $1 admission per person. The movies are shown on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10am from June 20 to August 16. www.regmovies.com/movies/summer-movie-express
- Week 1 - Tue. Jun 20 to Wed. Jun 21 (Both movies play on both days) Kung Fu Panda 3 AND Ice Age: Collision Course
- Week 2 - Tue. Jun 27 to Wed. Jun 28 (Both movies play on both days) Trolls AND Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked
- Week 3 - Tue. Jul 4 to Wed. Jul 5 (Both movies play on both days) Monster Trucks AND Penguins of Madagascar
- Week 4 - Tue. Jul 11 to Wed. Jul 12 (Both movies play on both days) Rio 2 AND The Boxtrolls
- Week 5 - Tue. Jul 18 to Wed. Jul 19 (Both movies play on both days) The Secret Life of Pets AND Sing
- Week 6 - Tue. Jul 25 to Wed. Jul 26 (Both movies play on both days) Kubo and the Two Strings AND Ratchet and Clank
- Week 7 - Tue. Aug 1 to Wed. Aug 2 (Both movies play on both days) The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water AND The Adventures of Tintin
- Week 8 - Tue. Aug 8 to Wed. Aug 9 (Both movies play on both days) Happy Feet Two AND Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
- Week 9 - Tue. Aug 15 to Wed. Aug 16 (Both movies play on both days) Storks AND The Lego Batman Movie
Tuesdays, June 20 - August 8, 2017*
11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
27741 Crown Valley Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA
*Kaleido-Kids Carnival is on Tuesday, August 8 from 11:30am to 2:30pm benefiting Make-A-Wish® Orange County and the Inland Empire.
About Make-A-Wish® Orange County and the Inland Empire: Make-A-Wish® grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Founded in 1980 when a group of caring volunteers helped a young boy fulfill his dream of becoming a police officer, Make-A-Wish is one of the world’s leading children’s charities, with 62 chapters in the United States and its territories. With the help of generous donors and nearly 33,000 volunteers, Make-A-Wish grants a wish every 34 minutes and has granted more than 285,000 wishes in the United States since its inception. For more information about Make-A-Wish Orange County and the Inland Empire, visit www.ocie.wish.org and discover how you can share the power of a wish®.
About Kaleidoscope: Kaleidoscope is a 245,000 square foot lifestyle center located at 27741 Crown Valley Parkway, just off the 5 Freeway, in Mission Viejo. The center offers popular entertainment, retail and restaurants, along with a variety of community events throughout the year. Kaleidoscope includes Edwards Cinemas, LA Fitness, Burke Williams, Sola Salon, Ortho Mattress, Buffalo Wild Wings, Howie’s Game Shack, Laser Quest, Riptide Rockin’ Sushi & Teppan Grills, Tasty Bowl, Tacos Cancun, Rocco’s Pizzeria, Yogurtland, AT&T, Bold Girlz, Jump 'n Jammin, Color Me Mine, and Union Market Mission Viejo, offering specialty retail and unique chef-driven restaurants including Diced, Oyu Shabu, Hummus Bowl, Portola Coffee, Market 2 Plate, Milk Box, Dry Society, R.T.E., and chocolate shop Sweet’s Choice, as well as boutiques Lost Generation and Splash. Kaleidoscope Center was purchased in June of 2010 by an entity owned by certain funds managed by Westport Capital Partners LLC, and is managed by Sentinel Development. You can follow all the happenings at Kaleidoscope via facebook.com/gokaleidoscope, twitter.com/gokaleidoscope and http://gokaleidoscope.com.