This is a sponsored recipe written by Leyna Doan for Smart & Final.
Both my husband and I come from large families. Our family meals are always important, because it brings us all together no matter how busy and hectic our schedules are. Now that I have my own household to run, I want us to continue that tradition. Sometimes dinners are the only times we see each other. In honor of Family Meal Month in September, I'd like to share my simple and hearty Garlic Shrimp and Cheese Tortillini Recipe brought to you by SMART & FINAL. I love shopping at Smart & Final because they have everything. When cooking for my family, I always have to buy things in bulk because I'm cooking for six. Sometimes I can freeze what I don't use. They always have a great selection of ingredients with great prices!
Garlic Shrimp With Cheese Tortellini Recipe
Yields 6-8 servings
- 1 bag - First Street brand Jumbo Shrimp (thawed)
- 1 bag - La Romanella brand Cheese Tortellini Pasta
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 box of Golden Gems brand yellow cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 bunch asparagus (1 inch slices, trim and discard fibrous ends)
- 1 each lemon zest
- kosher salt and pepper as needed
- 2 tablespoon First Street brand butter
- 1/3 cup parmesan (grated)
- Fresh basil (chiffonade) for garnishing
- Olive Oil as needed
- In a big pot, boil tortellini pasta in salted water. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate sauté pan, add olive oil, garlic, and chili flakes and sauté until slightly golden.
- Add tomatoes and white wine for about 2 minutes until reduced.
- Add asparagus and lemon zest.
- Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink and add butter and parmesan.
- Add cooked tortellini and toss in sauce.
Serve hot on platter topped with fresh basil, parmesan and drizzle olive oil.
Easy Parmesan Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1-2 First Street brand Baguette (½ inch slices)
- 1 stick First Street brand unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch parsley (fine chopped)
- 1/3 cup parmesan (grated)
Instructions: Turn oven on to 400 degrees. Lay out sliced baguette in a single layer on a sheet pan. Mix the melted butter, garlic, parsley and parmesan and brush on top of the sliced baguette. Toast in oven for 10 mins or until slightly golden brown. Serve hot alongside with the pasta.
Thank you, Smart & Final, for sponsoring this post for Family Meal Month! Now that I have a family of my own, our meals together are still important to me. I try to make meals that not only taste great, but are healthy for us. With a large family, it is hard to appease everyone so I try to make dishes that most everyone will enjoy. This recipe is fresh, delicious, and very easy to do! For my daughter who is a picky eater, I set aside some cooked pasta for her and tossed it in some butter and Parmesan. For the rest of the family, they enjoyed it with a nice glass of crispy white wine. It's the perfect summer gourmet family meal! For more recipe ideas, please visit Smart & Final's recipes at www.smartandfinal.com/recipes/.